Short On Time? Download The 13 Reasons To Hire A Wedding Planner List!
Okay, so I have to be totally honest. When I was planning my wedding 5 years ago, I thought wedding planners were absolutely useless. I said it. Can’t take it back. It’s on the internet forever. That’s right. Useless.
I truly thought that planners were hired to basically plan your whole wedding so you didn’t have to lift a finger. Oh, you need someone to hold your dress while you pee? Hire a wedding planner. Can’t make up your mind on peonies or posies? Hire a wedding planner.
In all actuality though, looking back on my wedding day - I wish I had known what day of coordinators actually did. Why, you ask since I originally thought planners were a frivolous commodity that was just an extra expense? Well, let me tell you. The morning of my wedding when I should have been sipping on mimosas and getting primped and pampered and beautified - I was at my wedding venue setting up decor and tying hay bails and running around like a mad woman. Talk about stressful. The day of your wedding should be as stress-free as possible knowing that everything will be taken care of behind the scenes. Yeah. Not so much for me.
Without a shadow of a doubt, if I had hired someone to run point and call the shots at my wedding, the day would have looked a little differently because I wouldn’t have been a frazzled, stressed, hot mess.
Without further ado, here are MY 13 reasons to hire a planner:
- A wedding planner can SAVE you money (wait, WHAT?!) by helping to avoid costly mistakes. It also doesn’t hurt to have a planner that knows a thing or two about extreme couponing…
- They know who’s who in the industry so you don’t waste time researching or negotiating with vendors.
- They allow you to have a life outside of planning your wedding.
- They become the go-to person at the wedding so you don’t have to answer every. Single. Freaking. Question.
- They make sure the bridal party sticks to schedule. And sobers up a bit before the ceremony...
- They make sure all your guests are taken care of.
- A wedding planner packs up all your valuables at the end of the night. Remember that $500 in cash you got from Uncle Bob as a wedding gift? Yeah, you wouldn’t...
- They take on the logistics so you can focus on the fun stuff. Example: Figuring out timelines for vendors OR Figuring out which flavor cake you want by going to a tasting
- A good planner helps you bring your vision to life.
- They make sure you stick to your timeline and enjoy every moment of your day.
- Since you can’t repeat this day, having a good wedding coordinator is like great wedding insurance.
- Wedding planners are unicorns. Freaking. Unicorns. Fairy godmothers.
- Wedding planners are visionaries, budget mavens, master negotiators and ultimate problem solvers.