Now I’m not one to be on the up and up with the newest fashion trends, who is dating who in Hollywood, or even the most recent beauty advice. I AM, however, able to always tell you what the current status is on two different topics: Apple products and wedding trends. Since this isn’t a blog dedicated to fellow Apple junkies - let me keep you in the loop with the latter.
1. METALLICS. Whoever comes up with the year’s trends, I tip my hat to you, good sir. We are talking BRONZE. COPPER. ROSE GOLD. Ooo la la! Cue the music: these are a few of my favorite things!
2. LONGER TABLES (Bistro Style). Well it is about damn time! They take up less space, are more aesthetically appealing, and much more intimate. I don’t know about you, but the I don’t want to confuse the last time I went to a wedding with sitting in a conference room! Can you tell I’m not a fan of the round tables at a reception?
3. HANGING DECOR. We are talking draped fabric from the ceiling, chandeliers and pendant “Edison" lights, cascading flowers or greenery from archways, hanging candles. Love love love!
4. FREE FORM BOUQUETS and centerpieces that are incorporating more greenery such as eucalyptus, mint, and basil.
5. Although 2016’s wedding pantones are GORGEOUS - people are also leaning towards a more MONOCHROMATIC color palette when it comes to choosing wedding colors. Brides are discovering less is more when it comes to their wedding color theme. All you need is one color — in a variety of shades — to create a beautiful wedding.
6. HIS & HERS COCKTAILS. Enough said.
7. COCKTAIL BARS/BEER GARDENS. Offering your guests a selection of craft beers is definitely a growing trend, but in 2016 we will be seeing the emergence of the champagne garden, martini or even tequila bars with fresh juices. Sign me up!
8. PERFECT PAIRINGS. While on the subject of food and drink, why limit pairing wine with cheese during your cocktail hour? How about one-bite tacos with margarita shooters, pretzel bites with a local craft beer; caviar spoons and vodka shots; or Italian meatballs with a mini glass of chianti. And for dessert try apple pie with Moscato d’Asti or brownie bites with frozen espresso shooters.
9. Time to get naked! We are talking cakes, people. The UNFROSTED OR PARTIALLY FROSTED CAKES adorned with berries or fresh flowers are definitely on the rise and there is a good chance you will see (or sample) one this upcoming wedding season.
10. SELFIE STATIONS. While we don’t think the photo booth will be going anywhere just yet, it may need to share the space with selfie stations. A little backdrop, a custom wedding hashtag, and a selfie stick. Boom. You are in business. But make sure your guests know when to click (ceremony, no; anywhere else, absolutely) and how to post.
11. INTIMATE EVENTS. Brides and grooms are focusing more on creating an evening that communicates who they are as a couple. Smaller, intimate weddings are becoming increasingly popular, and brides are opting out of having the 500+ wedding. It’s all about individuality and making guests feel like they are in the presence of the happy couple and surrounded by those they love.
So - which trending wedding detail are you totally digging for this upcoming season? Comment below!